9/19/12

Santa Barbara Design House....

(Mary McDonald, Traditional Home)

The Santa Barbara design House event was a blast.

 It was so much fun to meet the designers and reps from different companies.
Not all the designers were there, but we met some wonderful, creative people.
The home was beautiful, the architect, Peter Becker and builder, Phillip Pennestri did an amazing job.








Mary McDonald, Traditional Home





(Traditional Home,California home, photo by Mark Lohman)
The family room and eating area were designed by Mary McDonald. 











































Traditional Home 









T.H.
Pendents, Circa Lighting.









T.H. 







Charlie Rutledge from Showcase Kitchens and Baths designed the kitchen layout and cabinetry. 


 



 



This is the image in Traditional Home that Mary decorated, but the kitchen for the design house the day we attended, 
was styled  a little differently. 

 








The Office

(California Home, photo by Mark Lohman)
Interior designers, Caroline and Steve Thompson of Cabana Home designed the study. They are located in Santa Barbara. 



 

 
Lighting from Visual comfort.







The Office Suite

The Thompsons from Cabana Home also designed this bedroom.



 


T.H.









T.H.





Office Bathroom
T.H.

Danni and I both loved the gray grass-cloth paper and the antique bamboo shelving.











Guest Bedroom
T.H.
We liked the contemporary feel of the room that Ryan Brown  designed. It had a light, fun feel to it. 





























T.H. 






T.H.









 T.H.
 I loved the wood details in this seating area and shelving. 





















 









The Guest Bathroom Suite

The chandelier was a dark colored glass (trevi/black) from ironies.com. Light fixtures by Visual Comfort. Paint color, Manor House gray by Farrow and Ball- # 265.  

















T.H.





The Master Bedroom

 
 The Master bedroom was designed by David Phoenix, who is such a talented man! 
House Beautiful recognized him as one of Americas top young designers.

 He has designed homes for the Kennedy family, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Rob Lowe, among others.

 He has a calm manor about himself and he is very humble.
 I have admired his work for sometime and now. 





The walls were covered with a fabric, Calicut Mineral by Schumacher. 

David had the walls padded with a welt around the doors and the crown molding.
 It was beautiful!





























  Danni is on the right and I'm on the left of David.








There are beautiful french doors in the Master bedroom with sunlight flooding through out the room.
It was so pretty to look out the door from the bed, but due to the afternoon sun I couldn't get a good picture.











The Nursery
T.H.
This was the cutest nursery designed by Carla Lane. 
The wallpaper and fabric is from Lulu DK. 




























Carla designed the bed. 

































Guest Suite Bedroom.




The guest bedroom was designed by Linda Chase.
 Linda has a bubbly outgoing personality which  reflects in her work. She is located in Summerland.  




























The bed is a Louis XVI gilt day bed from Dennis and Leen. 




























Chairs are from Restoration Hardware.























The  Living Room


 (California Home, photo by Mark Lohman)
 Michelle Workman designed a sophisticated, but casual living room. The color palette was beautiful.

















The  tables are from Global View and the sofa is from Baker furniture.





T.H.







T.H. 







It was fun to meet Michelle.
 She is a very sweet lady and so talented. Some of her clients are Jennifer Lopez, John Travolta& Kelly Preston, Kristie Alley and Leah Remini.
























The entry
 
Designed by Steve Weinstock



 



The Back Patio


Mary McDonald, T.H. 





















 Pool Pavilion


Linda Chase












The Cabana Bedroom
Designed by Katerina Tana, T.H.








T.H.





The backyard is gorgeous!




We want to thank Susan Mcfadden for inviting us to this special event. 
It is a beautiful Home.
 It was so much fun to meet the designers and to have a special viewing. 
This is Santa Barbara's first design house and I'm sure there will be many more. The home will be open until Oct 7th 2012. You can get tickets here.
Hope you enjoyed looking at this beautiful home. 
Thanks for stopping by, 
Julie and Danni
  




27 comments:

  1. thanks for taking us with you, ladies!

    the lulu dk prints and that nursery are my favorites--so cheerful and whimsical. love.

    and that setting? i'm so envious!

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. The master bedroom is my favourite - so soothing, and that wallpaper if just beautiful. The nursery is also exquisite. What a fun way to spend a day and to meet the designers in person! x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.... thanks for the tour. What a treat for you! A beautiful home indeed. My favorites are the kitchen and that backyard..... amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mix of colors...and textures. Love the master bedroom and wallpaper...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I have to bookmark this to come back to. WHAT a post! I love the use of blue throughout the first floor, the kitchen (!), the gusts bed, and that red painting in the hallway. AMAZING.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. So much amazingness here. I'll have to visit several times to take it all in! Thank you so much for the tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a fun tour. Thanks for including so many pictures! What a great experience you had.
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, I loved the kitchen and office bathroom at first glance, then realized I need to revisit the images and study each room for it's fabulous detail. Thanks for taking me along. :-)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZA...so much eye candy! I love a good show house and I believe after seeing the pictures you gave us a great tour. Now I gotta go back and look more closely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a whole lotta gorgeous in one space! Awesome tour!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! The wallpaper is gorgeous and I like the grey bathroom. The kitchen is beautiful! I love the two toned look (going for this look in my kitchen!) and adore marble. ... Ill be down south soon snd can't wait to spend time in Santa Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  12. loved the tour..and "meeting" you two!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the shades of blue and the touches of brass! That backyard shot was a great way to end the tour... absolutely stunning there! Wish I could lounge out there everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for the wonderful tour! Photo #2 (family room) brought up a problem I have in my LR. It appears the coffee table was centered with the fireplace which makes it look too far away from the sofa to be used comfortably. If I center mine with my fireplace, I have the same problem..so I placed it closer to my sofa which interferes with the symmetry of the room. That in turn results in the 2 chairs that are perpendicular to the sofa on either side looking strange if I center them with the fireplace, but also look strange if I center them to the coffee table. Hmmm...any advice would be very helpful. Jan at jan_walton @sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many beautiful images. I love the mix of colors and patterns and it goes to show that if done right, with the right balance, it can be stunning. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness there is a diverse use of color and texture in this home. I prefer the quiet hues and peaceful rooms. That grasscloth in the bath is just beautiful. I know you girls had a great time.
    Happy weekend!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - so beautiful and colourful! Thanks for all the lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Loved the show house tour! Great post! I need to go back and study! Too much goodness here! Especially loved the rooms by Linda Chase and Michele Workman but then also Mary McDonalds is fab!!!! of course the kitchen is awesome too!! wow! wow! wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. You put so much work into this post, it's wonderful. I am drooling over that blue island - beautiful!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous post ladies...I've got to go back and really study these images. So much inspiration. And yall are looking pretty wonderful too...Have a great week. Mona

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is some post.
    i am thrilled we met on pinterest!
    who knew?

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey ladies, I particularly love the shades of blue they used in the home. Lovely post! xx's

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, what a beautiful tour ~ thank you! Cute photos of you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for a beautiful tour! The gorgeous kitchen and the stylish gray bathroom are my favorites!

    Love the picture of you two! :)

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an amazing place, its great to see the use of so many bold colours, golds and blacks can really make a room when the room is large and needs filling. I think neutral colours can be swamped if the room is too large. What a wonderful project and such creativity :O)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just found your blog via Pinterest! It's lovely!

    I wanted to tour this house, but couldn't make the trip south. So glad I got your tour!

    Best,
    Cristin

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi there! This is your friend., Penelope!

    I love YOU; (both); and I love your blog!

    However; this house.....is , just (in my humble opinion) a "fashion victim!!

    I believe it is STILL on the market.....and the reason being....it had every single "trend" under the sun......in there!

    I HATED the decorating......completely....because it was so "trendy"!
    I am into "timeless"!

    Not to be unkind....all "decorator showcase houses " are "trendy"!

    How do you think about this house now these years later?

    My favorite example is Mario Buatta's book.....(50 years of Decorating I think it is called)

    50 years!

    And the houses he did fifty years ago......I would not even change a lampshade.......now that is "decorating" my way! Timeless....not trendy.....and completely comfy and happy!

    My goal!!

    XXO

    Happy New Year to you two!!

    XXOO

    And thank you FOREVER for your blog on me!

    Yowzers! I adored it!!

    Penelope Bianchi

    ReplyDelete

One Kings Lanes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...